Waste & Tailings - Waste Management Feasibility Study
Improperly designed, engineered or maintained waste disposal facilities pose a risk to human health and the environment.
Therefore, it is important to consider environmental impact and regulatory compliance upfront.. At Jones & Wagener our Environmental Sciences and Management pecialists deal with both the environmental studies and authorisations that are required.
Specific services include:
- Conduct a comprehensive site investigation, bringing in relevant Jones & Wagener expertise:
› Geotechnical Engineering: Geosynthetic and mineral clay barriers, liner stability, advice on
waste facility siting.
› Environmental Sciences and Management and Environmental Engineering: Water
management, water usage assessments and waste classification.
- Consider relevant and appropriate waste management technologies.
- Explore alternative options to build a robust conceptual design.
- Factor in environmental impact and regulatory requirements on both the design and the costs.
- Consider cradle-to-grave lifecycle costs.
- Identify the most appropriate and ‘workable’ solution.