Waste & Tailings - Waste Management Facilities & Associated Infrastructure Design
The design of waste disposal containment and drainage is an engineering area in which technology is constantly developing and evolving. Jones & Wagener is part of the continual research and development that is progressing both nationally and internationally.
The Jones & Wagener design philosophy:
- Uses materials available on site where possible
- Uses technology appropriate for South Africa
Waste classification and water quality interpretation are important aspects of the authorisations and licensing requirements. Integrated EIAs (Environmental Impact Assessments) for water and waste are covered in a single process, saving time and money. Our Environmental Sciences and Management specialists undertake environmental authorisations processes and assists with the relevant licensing.
Specific services include:
- Barrier system design
- Geometrical design and stability
- Assessments of materials
- Assessment and design of Landfill Gas extraction projects
- Design of roads infrastructure
- Design of hydraulic structures, storm water management
- Design of pollution control dams
- Dealing with various waste types – dry, paste, slurry, etc.
- Water balance and leachate management
- Ensure Isolation from natural environment