Mining Infrastructure - Roads, Mine Haul Roads & Dragline Walkways
Need to transport materials?
Haul distances have a major impact on the operating cost of a mine and it is therefore critical to develop an optimal design.
Safety considerations related to both traffic and geometric layout are also key design factors.
Jones & Wagener has developed significant expertise in these areas.
We have also assisted the University of Pretoria with research on determining design parameters for local construction materials. This design philosophy has been successfully used for more than 10 years.
Need to relocate a dragline?
We have successfully relocated a number of draglines covering a distance of more than 200 km.
Specific services include:
- Route evaluation and selection, including positioning of ROM Tips and related traffic management
- Pavement design based on local on-site materials that are readily available
- Geotechnical investigations for construction materials
- Obtaining relevant authorisations i.e. wayleave applications (roads, Eskom, Transnet etc.)
- Traffic management including infrastructure planning to separate light and heavy vehicle traffic
- Design of once-off dragline relocations between mines
- Design of haul road/dragline walkway combinations for frequent movement of draglines