Mine Rehabilitation Design - Rehabilitation & Closure
Jones & Wagener specialises in optimised rehabilitation designs for opencast mines and discard facilities to find the best possible solution to:
- Satisfy minimum material movement that meets the EMPr requirements, and at the same time
- Ensure a sustainable, free-draining, natural post-rehabilitation topography.
We use our in-house developed optimisation software to undertake and optimise the rehabilitation designs.
Specific services include:
- Optimisation of mass movement of material
› Critical from a cost perspective as the construction and capital costs are directly related to the
volume of material to be moved to achieve the required topography.
- Optimisation of rehabilitation design
› Our software tool takes into account parameters such as material cut and fill volumes and
the maximum allowable slopes to maintain an optimised sloping model topography.
- Predictive mine modelling
› Develop a realistic post-mining model through mining simulation, before the mining takes place.
This is an essential tool for undertaking concurrent rehabilitation optimising material placement,
hence minimising future double handling.
- Long-term erosion modelling
› Proactively design preventative measures that reduce the likelihood of future erosion
on rehabilitated topographies.
› Reduce post-rehabilitation maintenance costs and long-term liabilities.
- Closure cost estimates
› Conduct assessments to estimate closure costs in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Strategic placement of materials to meet annual concurrent rehabilitation targets
› Avoid unnecessary double handling of material and significantly reduce rehabilitation