Geotechnical Engineering - Excavations & Dewatering
Where excavations extend below the water table it is important to prevent or control the ingress of water into the excavation as this can impair stability and cause settlement.
Jones & Wagener has been involved with a number of large excavation projects and projects which require dewatering solutions. We are able to provide information on the excavatability of materials as well as the permeability, compressibility and consolidation characteristics of the soil strata.
Specific services we offer include:
- Assessing groundwater conditions
- Geo-hydrological modelling
- Design of dewatering systems
- Excavatability assessments
- Slope stability assessments