Jones & Wagener is a specialist firm of consulting professional engineers and scientists based in South Africa, but with representation in Africa.
We are a well-established firm with depth of experience and have been operating since 1966.
Structural and Geotechnical engineering are the pillars on which the company was built. To meet changing demands and challenges facing our clients, we have broadened our service offering to include Mine Infrastructure, Waste and Tailings disposal. More recently, we responded to environmental concerns with the establishment of our Environmental Engineering, Sciences and Management expertise. In addition to our offices in South Africa, Jones & Wagener Ghana was established in 2018 to service Ghana and neighbouring West African countries.
One of our key strengths is the integration between our scientists and engineers. This close collaboration ensures that our clients experience a seamless process, receiving optimal and sustainable designs and solutions, and streamlining the environmental authorisation process.
- We have established solid relationships with other specialist consulting companies to provide the full range of consulting engineering services. We partner in design-and-construct projects and joint ventures that range in size from large international players to niche market specialists.
- We are organised into knowledge-based teams enabling us to quickly respond to challenges, to be creative and to leverage off a pool of accumulated knowledge and experience. Many of our professionals are acknowledged leaders in their specialist fields both nationally and internationally.
- Growth and innovation are of great importance to us. We take pride in developing our young engineers as well as contributing to building engineering skills in South Africa and abroad.
- Jones & Wagener is fully employee-owned.
- Jones & Wagener is a level 2 BBBEE contributor
Dr Pierre van der Berg
Dr. Martin Rust
Director – Alternate