Mining Infrastructure Department – Civil Design Engineer
- Mining infrastructure design (roads, earthworks, water management, etc.)
- 5 – 7 years’ experience
- Gauteng (Centurion)
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a Civil Design Engineer in the Mining Infrastructure Department, based in the Centurion office. The Mining Infrastructure Department specialises in, amongst other, the design of roads, haul roads, bulk earthworks, terraces, stormwater management, dams, stream diversions, mine waste (tailings) disposal facilities and mining infrastructure areas.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows (mandatory):
- BEng / BSc Eng or higher qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Above average academic results
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Relevant experience in the design of mining related infrastructure
- Experience with Autodesk Civil 3D
- Professional registration
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Dynamic, self-motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Works independently
- Attention to detail
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Concept, preliminary and detailed designs of mining infrastructure
- Tender documentation i.e., BoQ and works information
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
The closing date for application submission is 11 February 2022.