Junior Draftsperson – Mining Infrastructure Department
- Provide drafting services to engineers, scientists, and technicians by generating plans, layout drawings, sketches, 3D models and detailed construction drawings.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in drafting.
- Gauteng (Rivonia).
We are looking for a Draftsperson, who will report to a unit manager in our mining department at our office in Rivonia Gauteng. The draftsperson provides drafting services to engineers, scientists, and technicians by generating plans, layout drawings, sketches, 3D models and detailed construction drawings.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows (mandatory):
- Senior certificate (Matric).
- Computer Aided Design, or multi-disciplinary drawing office.
- Appropriate Autodesk certificates (i.e., C3D/AutoCAD/Revit/Inventor).
- Civil 3D experience.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in drafting, specifically in AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Dynamic, self-motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Solid organization, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Works independently.
- Good communication skills.
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Produce tender and construction drawings for culverts, canals, pipes, pollution control dams, mine residue facilities.
- Generate infrastructure layouts and general arrangement drawings in C3D using 3D models.
- Produce, long sections, typical sections, and details of infrastructure.
- Checking of drawings.
- Issuing drawings for review, information, or construction.
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
Closing date: [optional]