Geotechnical Department – Principal/Senior Engineering Geologist
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a senior (principal) engineering geologist in its Geotechnical Department, based in our Rivonia office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting large scale and complex geotechnical investigations, including supervision of a team of professionals and subcontractors, and assisting engineers with input into geotechnical design.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing and developing a team of junior and senior engineers/engineering geologists, technicians and support staff.
- Degree in Engineering Geology or similar (BSc)
- Minimum 10-years’ relevant experience.
- Professionally registered with a PrSciNat.
- Experience in a variety of geotechnical investigations.
- Good fundamental understanding and knowledge of geotechnical investigation techniques, including laboratory testing and geophysics.
- Be based in or be willing to relocate to Gauteng (Rivonia).
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- More than 15-years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience managing large and complex geotechnical investigations.
- Strong report writing skills.
- Management experience.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, taking responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Able to manage time effectively.
- Attention to detail.
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Discipline lead on medium and large projects, assuming responsibility for the work of the group.
- Planning and directing work on major projects.
- Determine budget estimates and resource planning for a defined scope of work and program.
- Conducts site visits, surveys and geotechnical investigations.
- Data analysis, processing, and interpretation.
- Provides technical input for interdisciplinary analytical studies and analyses.
- Compilation of reports, and other technical documentation.
- Developing external and internal client relationships.
Upper end of typical market related salary, including company benefits, potentially including shares, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
10 November 2023