Environmental Engineering (EE) Department’s Pumps and Pipeline unit – Civil Design Engineer:
- Pump station and pipeline design engineer
- 2 – 5 years experience
- Gauteng (JHB/Centurion)
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a Civil Design Engineer (2-5yrs exp.) specialising in pump station and pipeline designs. The position forms part of the Environmental Engineering (EE) Department’s Pumps and Pipeline unit.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows:
Civil Design Engineer (2-5yrs exp). Design experience to include:
- Calculating frictional and local head losses in pipelines,
- Pump selections based on pump curves, pipeline system curves, NPSH requirements, etc.,
- Valve and piping arrangements inside pump station and valve chambers,
- Valve placement along pipeline routes,
- Vertical and horizontal alignments of pipelines in Civil 3D (or similar software package),
- Experience with surge calculations and mitigation measures will be an advantage,
- construction drawings and tender documents (i.e. BOQ’s and works information).
- B Eng/BSc Eng graduate (min)
- Above-average academic results
- Experience with Autodesk Civil 3D, Revit and Inventor will be an advantage
The candidate should have an inclination for detailed analyses, innovation and be a good team player.