Environmental Engineering – Civil Design Engineer
- Earthworks and stormwater infrastructure design engineer (specialising in: Mine Closure, Rehabilitation of mine dumps and pits, clean and dirty water separation systems)
- 0 – 3 years experience
- Gauteng (Centurion).
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a Civil Design Engineer (0 – 3yrs exp.) to specialise in earthworks and stormwater infrastructure designs. The position forms part of Jones & Wagener’s Environmental Engineering (EE) Department. The EE dept specialises in Mine Closure, Rehabilitation of mine dumps and pits, clean and dirty water separation systems.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows (mandatory):
- 0 – 3 years of relevant experience
- Applicable MEng or MSc Eng degree
- Good fundamental understanding and knowledge of storm water design and/or Earthworks movement
- Candidate should be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and MS PowerPoint
- Candidate should be proficient in AutoCad Civil 3D or Microstation
- The candidate should be inclined towards programming in python/VBA
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in storm water management and/or earthworks movement
- Experience with Conceptual designs, Preliminary designs, Detailed designs, and Construction drawings and tender documents (i.e. BOQ’s and works information) is preferable
- Proficiency in VBA/Python coding will be advantageous
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills, fluent in English
- Dynamic, self-motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Able to manage time effectively
- Attention to detail
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Rehabilitation design of opencast and mine residue facilities
- Stormwater designs associated with rehabilitated landforms
- Financial provision determination aligned with the latest regulations
- Quantitative risk assessments associated with mining activities
- Running and debugging of programs developed for earthworks movement, survey manipulation, etc.
- Developing of new code as and when required for predictive modelling, earthworks movement, stormwater design and quantitative risk assessments
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
Closing date: [optional]