Construction Management Unit – Senior Quantity Surveyor
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a self-motivated senior quantity surveyor to join our team. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in a senior-level position within a well-established consulting firm.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows:
- >15 years of relevant experience in engineering projects.
- ND QS or BTech QS or BSc QS.
- Professional registration (PrQS) (or in process of registering)
- Experience in cost estimating.
- Experience in the complete tender compilation to contract award process.
- Experience in detailed cost control.
- Experience in contract administration with a good understanding of GCC, FIDIC and NEC.
- Proficient in MS Office
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Previous on-site QS experience will be advantageous
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS Project and QS bill production software will be considered advantageous.
- Project controls experience will be considered advantageous
- Dynamic, self-motivated takes responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Solid organization, time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Works independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- BOQ and tender document review.
- Cost estimating.
- Contract management of large construction projects.
- Preparation of tender documents and contracts.
- Interfacing with clients and contractors.
- Review and maintain company standard specifications and payment references.
Terms of Employment:
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
The closing date for application submission is 30 September 2023