Construction Management Unit – Resident Engineer
- Resident Engineer at an intermediate level
- 3 to 5 years experience in construction quality assurance (including earthworks, compacted clay liners, HDPE lining and drainage systems)
- Willing to work outside of South Africa.
Jones & Wagener is seeking to employ a self-motivated intermediate Resident Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in an intermediate level position within a well-established consulting firm and must be willing to work outside of South Africa.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows (mandatory):
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in engineering projects.
- BEng (Civil) or BTech (Civil).
- Experience in construction quality assurance, specifically earthworks and HDPE liner.
- Experience in project management (time and cost).
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Must be able to operate independently.
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Professional registration (PrEng or PrTechEng) will be advantageous.
- Experience in using ACAD Civil3D will be advantageous.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Project will be considered advantageous.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Solid organization, time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Works independently.
- Good communication skills.
- Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Construction supervision.
- Quality assurance of earthworks, HDPE liner and concrete works.
- Project tracking.
Terms of Employment:
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
The closing date for application submission is 30 September 2022