Civil Technician Intern:
- Civil Technician Interns at a graduate level
- <1.5 years of experience
- 12 months fixed-term contract
- Gauteng (Rivonia or Centurion)
We are looking for Civil Technician Interns, who will report to a unit manager in one of our several departments at our offices either in Rivonia (Gauteng) or Centurion (Gauteng). The Civil Technician Intern implements known and novel technology in an innovative manner to complete engineering work.
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Dynamic, self-motivated, takes responsibility and ownership of tasks.
- Solid organization, time-management skills, and diligence.
- Works independently.
- Effective communication skills
The requirements associated with the position are as follows:
- Senior certificate (Matric)
- National Diploma in civil engineering
- 0 to 1.5 years
- Civil 3D, Revit, Inventor knowledge is advantageous
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
- Generate 3D models of infrastructure in Civil 3D, Revit, or Inventor.
- General draughting to produce tender and construction drawings for culverts, canals, pipes, pollution control dams, mine residue facilities.
- Checking and issuing of drawings for review, information, or construction.
- Communicating with clients, supervisors, and peers.
- Design, evaluate, specify, and plan engineering work.
- Compile technical reports.
- Quantify project elements and analyse data or information.
- Measurement of quantities and compiling schedules of quantities.
- Attend meetings with clients.
- Assists with construction site monitoring including QA/QC, inspection of the works, record keeping, approval of materials, issuing of site instructions, adjudication of claims, and certification of the works.
- Assist with geotechnical site investigations including profiling of test pits, retrieval of samples and co-ordination with laboratories for samples to be tested.
- Supervision and witnessing of drilling and insitu testing.
- Surveillance of tailings storage facilities including inspections, collecting data, processing of data, and compiling reports.
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.