Admin Department – Administrative Assistant
Industry leading engineering and environmental consulting company in Rivonia, seeking an administrative assistant to provide clerical and administrative support to the company via the Jones & Wagener Service Desk.
The requirements associated with the position are as follows:
- Secretarial Certificate / Business Administration Certificate (advantageous)
- 2 years working experience in similar role.
Preference to candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Computer literate, proficient in MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Good English communication skills, both written and verbal, and good telephone etiquette
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, juggling multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Effective planning and organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well with a team
- Reading comprehension and active learning
- Attention to detail
The main duties associated with the position include the following:
Assist Technical and Administrative staff throughout the company, via the J&W Service Desk, for ad hoc administrative support, including but not limited to the following:
- Asset movement
- BEE, BMS and Health & Safety administration
- Bursary support
- Organising of service providers
- Employee onboarding and departure
- Maintenance and marketing administration
- Telephoning and switchboard duty
- Travel arrangements
- Ordering of office supplies
- Supplier and Tender documentation compilation
- Assisting with social events, planning & arrangement of catering thereof
- Office management
- Any other general administrative duties and tasks that might be done to free up technical staff in the company, so that they can concentrate on their technical responsibilities
Market related salary including company benefits, dependent on individuals experience and qualifications.
The closing date for application submission is 30 September 2023.