Jones & Wagener has the following accreditations and affiliations:
Jones & Wagener is a corporate member with NICOLA (https://nicola-org.com/)
Nicola aims to establish a solid platform for the development, application and dissemination of sustainable practices, knowledge and technologies related to contaminated land management in Africa. Their overall objective is to pro-actively empower the African contaminated land management sector to identify, assess and manage contaminated land within a science based sustainable best practice framework.
NICOLA focuses its activities in three main themes:
- Knowledge sharing: Provide an African forum for the dissemination and exchange of good practice, practical and scientific knowledge and ideas to manage contaminated land sustainably;
- Networking: Develop new relationships and strengthen existing relationships with other networks; and
- Inspire scientific best practice: Stimulate coordinated, interdisciplinary projects on collaborative, problem oriented research and knowledge transfer to address identified needs.
Jones & Wagener is ISO 9001:2015 certified.ISO (International Organization for Standardization) is the world's largest developer of voluntary International Standards. International Standards give state of the art specifications for products, services and good practice, helping to make industry more efficient and effective. Developed through global consensus, they help to break down barriers to international trade. Visit website for more information.
- All work is carried out according to the requirements of the South African Occupational Health and Safety Act (Act 85 of 1993) and the regulations accompanying this act.
- All employees are provided with adequate training for the tasks that they are required to perform including an awareness of the risks involved in the execution of their duties and the methods available for the mitigation of these risks.
- No person in the company will be required or permitted to work in unsafe or unhealthy conditions.
- All competent persons are appointed by the company CEO in writing in accordance with the OHS Act and Construction Regulations.
- All Jones & Wagener staff undergo annual work-related medical certification by Occupational Care South Africa. Certificates are available on request.
Jones & Wagener is a proud member of CESA.
Consulting Engineers South Africa (CESA) aims to be the 'Proud Voice of Consulting Engineering in South Africa'. CESA is a body that promotes its members joint interests and, because of its standing, provides quality assurance for clients. Over 500 firms employing just over 22 000 staff, who collectively earn a total fee income of almost R19 billion per annum, are members of CESA. CESA is committed to the principles of sustainability and the promotion of engineering excellence. Visit website for more information.